We have kept our offices open for as long as we possibly could because of the vital role we play in supporting you, our customers, as well as the wider trade, and consumers. However, to ensure the welfare of our teams we’ve had to take the difficult, but necessary, decision to close our Assay Office operations across all sites for the foreseeable future from 5pm Thursday 26 March.
Our sites are: Goldsmiths’ Hall, Greville Street and Heathrow.
- Counter closure: No work will be accepted at the counter at Goldsmiths' Hall from 5pm Tuesday 24 March.
- Accepting packets: Only standard service packets will be accepted until 5pm on Tuesday 24 March which we endeavour to complete by Thursday 26 March.
- Collecting work: We would ask all our customers to collect their work from Goldsmiths’ Hall by 5pm on Thursday 26 March.
- Posting items: We can post items back to customers if we receive an email request to do so before midday on Thursday.
- Storing items: We will store items for customers:
- Who cannot come to the Assay Office to collect work
- Who have not requested their items to be sent back by post midday on Thursday
- In the event that we are unable to complete your work
We can currently only accept email enquiries to Customer Service, and will respond in due course. To check the status of your packet please check your Account area online. Reducing packet queries at the counter or via email will help us greatly.
To help protect our teams, we can currently only accept card payments. Furthermore, we cannot accept cheques in the post for payment of individual packets – please pay online.
If you have a registration with us that is reaching its expiry date, we will leave it open at no extra cost until the office reopens.
We know the coming weeks will be uncertain and we want to help support you as best we can. Customers are advised to continue to check our website for latest details.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Goldsmiths' Company Assay Office and thank you for your co-operation at this time.