We are pleased to announce that from Monday 3 August, we will be accepting requests for One Hour and Early Hall (next day) services when packets are submitted online for hallmarking at Goldsmiths' Hall.
- There will be no time-bound financial guarantees.
- We can only apply a struck hallmark on a priority service if we have your punch at Goldsmiths’ Hall (laser will be applied if not).
- Packets currently in our system cannot be expedited to Priority level
Details of current Priority Services at Goldsmiths’ Hall
- Reduced Counter opening hours of 10am - 1pm, Monday – Friday
- One Hour Service One hour packets must be submitted online, and dropped off by 12pm. Maximum 5 items per packet.
- Early Hall (next day) Service Packets must be submitted online. If submitting at the counter they must be delivered by 1pm and will aim to be ready by 1pm the following day. Maximum 10 items per packet.
- No moderate or complex laser engraving
- No complex and moderate bespoke Display Hallmarks
- We will not be able to give any timeframe on completion of packets. Please sign up to the automated emails in your online account to receive notification of when your packet is ready.
- Second Hand service and Special Assay service are only available on standard service at Goldsmiths’ Hall
Priority services are already available at Greville Street. We are introducing priority services at the Hall, as we have received feedback that you need a quicker turnaround to meet the demand of your customer. Standard service, available at Goldsmiths' Hall only, may be slower than our usual 5 working day target.
We appreciate your patience and understanding through these adjustments.
Please follow the guidelines below to make the service quicker for everyone.
- Submit online. Packets submitted via paper will not be processed as One Hour or Early Hall irrespective of your request.
- Make sure your instructions are clear to enable us to provide you with an efficient service and reduce the need for follow-up calls. Please indicate where you would like us to hallmark but bear in mind the limitations of what you are requesting.
- Make sure all items conform to the Hallmarking Act to prevent more intense scrutiny of the items in the Complex Sampling* process.
We endeavour to meet the priority timeframes as laid out above. Should we exceed these, priority charges will still apply as the packet will be dealt with as a priority (which will be faster than standard service).
Please do not pay for your packet on the day of submission as charges could change.
Any packets submitted which are above the maximum-article amount for the type of packet requested will be separated accordingly and will delay your packet.
Please do not submit items to us if you or someone you have had contact with has had symptoms of COVID-19. If this is the case, we would also ask that you do not travel to visit the Greville Street office for up to 2 weeks.