Currently you are unable to login in to your online account or register for a new sponsor mark.
We are working hard to fully restore our service, but want to update you on the current status and provide some further information about the IT systems issues we have experienced.
Update on specific packets
- We are still working to resolve some issues with our IT systems, and at this time, we cannot provide updates about specific packets or make any changes to them. All packets in our possession remain safe and secure.
Return/collection of completed packets
- If you have received notification that your packet is complete, you can collect it from the appropriate counter during our normal opening hours. Please remember that you must show your ticket receipt for your packet to be released.
- We have continued to work through all of the packets in our possession while experiencing this IT systems issue. You will not have received a notification, but there is a high probability that your packet is complete. If you are waiting to collect a packet, please visit your counter and check with the team.
- We are not currently able to take payment online, however our priority is releasing your packets to you. We will be in contact about outstanding payments when service is fully restored.
Sending/bringing new work for Hallmarking
- We are now accepting packets for next day and standard hall services at Goldsmiths' Hall and Greville Street.
- We are not currently accepting packets for a one-hour service, but are working to return this service as soon as possible.
- At this time, it is not possible to submit a Hallnote online, so before bringing your work to a counter, or posting it to Goldsmiths' Hall, please download, complete and print a paper Hallnote.
Update on IT system issues
- It has now become clear that these issues have been caused by a cyber security incident whereby an unauthorised and unknown third party has illegally gained access to parts of our IT systems. This was most likely caused by a vulnerability in software provided by a third party.
- We have been working around the clock and over the weekend with a dedicated team of external IT security specialists and forensic investigators to thoroughly and methodically investigate the incident, contain and restore our services. We have also reported this matter to the Police and the Information Commissioner.
- We have no forensic evidence that any data or information that we hold has been taken.
- We take the protection of data extremely seriously and are closely monitoring the situation.
We understand that this has been a frustrating experience, and apologise for any inconvenience caused to you and your business.
Thank you for your ongoing patience and understanding as we continue to restore our service.
The London Assay Office Team