We are working hard to fully restore our service, but want to update you on the current status and provide some further information about the IT systems issues we have experienced.
Currently you are unable to register for a New Sponsor mark.
Return/collection of completed packets
- The packet notification system is now up and running, and you will receive a notification when your packet is due for collection or due to be posted back to you.
- You can login to your online account again to the Tracking area to see if your packet is complete.
- We are now able to take payment online and at our counters.
Sending/bringing new work for Hallmarking
- Online packet submission is now available.
- We are now accepting packets for next day and standard hall services at Goldsmiths' Hall and Greville Street.
- We will be able to accept packets for a one-hour service from Tuesday 5 March.
Update on IT system issues
- It has now become clear that these issues have been caused by a cyber security incident whereby an unauthorised and unknown third party has illegally gained access to parts of our IT systems. This was most likely caused by a vulnerability in software provided by a third party.
- We have been working around the clock and over the weekend with a dedicated team of external IT security specialists and forensic investigators to thoroughly and methodically investigate the incident, contain and restore our services. We have also reported this matter to the Police and the Information Commissioner.
- We have no forensic evidence that any data or information that we hold has been taken.
- We take the protection of data extremely seriously and are closely monitoring the situation.
We understand that this has been a frustrating experience, and apologise for any inconvenience caused to you and your business.
Thank you for your ongoing patience and understanding as we continue to restore our service.
The London Assay Office Team