There is now less than a month left to enter the Make Your Mark Awards, with entries closing at 5pm on Friday 29th September. If you are a student or a recent graduate keen to take part in this prestigious event, please make sure you have submitted your entry by the deadline.
Prizes confirmed to date include an exclusive coaching session with world-renowned maker Garrard, an online jewellery course with jewellery specialist Joanna Hardy, a start-up business consultancy session with FACETS PR and £125 worth of vouchers from Cooksongold.
The Goldsmiths' Company Assay Office's Make Your Mark Awards invites students and young designers to design a piece of jewellery or silverware that celebrates the London hallmark, the iconic Leopard’s Head.
The Awards aim to challenge students both technically and artistically, to educate students on UK hallmarking and the legal requirements when selling their work, and to motivate jewellers, silversmiths and other design disciplines to explore new ground, and to stretch their imagination of the use of the hallmark.
How to Enter
Entries to the Make Your Mark Awards are open now. Here are some key details and criteria:
- There are two Award categories to enter – Jewellery and Silversmithing
- The competition is open to current students, apprentices and recently graduated designers (within the last five years) of precious metal-related jewellery and silversmithing courses
- Prizes will be awarded to the most artistically convincing design, model or finished piece in which precious metal is used with prominence, and where the London hallmark is an integral part of the design
- Designs can be submitted in the form of drawings or CAD designs, models or finished pieces, as long as there is a clear indication of the intended placement of the hallmark
- The winners will be revealed at an exclusive event at London's Goldsmiths' Hall on Tuesday 31st October 2017
The deadline for entries is 5pm on Friday 29th September 2017