From 5 October, the counter at Goldsmiths' Hall will be open 9am - 2pm, Monday - Friday.
From Monday 5 October our Greville Street office will extend their opening hours to 10am - 4pm, Monday - Friday.
They will continue to only offer a priority service option to match the output of a reduced team. This means that only One Hour and Early Hall (next day) services are available there.
Please note, one hour packets must be submitted by 3pm. There will be no time-bound financial guarantees. If your punch is not held at Greville Street we can only apply a laser hallmark on a priority service.
As part of London Craft Week Prime Warden of the Goldsmiths' Company Richard Fox will be giving a free to attend talk hosted by Contemporary British Silversmiths with former Chair Angela Cork.
While we continue to scale up our operations we are still working with some limitations. Please keep an eye on our website News for the latest information, and make sure we have the correct email address and permissions so we can contact you directly with updates - you can set these in your Account area online.
An overview of operations:
Opening times - Goldsmiths' Hall counter is operating 10am - 1pm, Monday to Friday, and Greville Street counter is operating 11am - 3pm, Monday to Friday.
The Antique Plate Committee meet on a quarterly basis. For the September 2020 meeting, goods need to be submitted for inclusion by August 19th. More information here.
• Goldsmiths’ Fair launches first digital Fair in 38-year history
• Goldsmiths’ Fair will provide a NEW online platform for fine jewellers and contemporary silversmiths in 2020
• The online platform will support business recovery for sole traders and micro-businesses creating and making in UK today
• 130 fine jewellers and contemporary silversmiths will exhibit at the online Fair
• Exhibitors use exceptional handmaking skills to create their pieces, applying techniques that have been passed down over hundreds of years.
• The Goldsmiths’ Company is committed to supporting the craft and trade for the long term, as it has done for the last seven centuries.
• The Fair will open its virtual doors from 24 September – 6 October 2020
We are pleased to announce that from Monday 3 August, we will be accepting requests for One Hour and Early Hall (next day) services when packets are submitted online for hallmarking at Goldsmiths' Hall.
The Assay Office at Goldsmiths’ Hall is temporarily closed today (Thursday 23 July), and will be closed tomorrow (Friday 24 July) due to staffing issues.
Greville Street office remains open for Early Hall / Next Day service only.
Apologies for the inconvenience, and thank you for your patience.